Take part in our survey
The OpenLV project team has the budget to deploy 10 intelligent substation devices in Western Power Distributions Licence areas to test new apps that could provide benefits to Distribution System Operators on the LV network.
The OpenLV Project team is looking for anyone within the industry to come forward with ideas for new apps that can utilise LV network data to provide benefits to Distribution System Operators, Community Groups, the wider industry and, of course, customers.
So, we would like to hear from you if you:
- Are an academic and have a great idea for a new app or a new algorithm you would like to test
- Work for a technology company that has a great idea on how LV network data could be used to get additional capacity out of existing network asset like LV transformers and feeders
- Work for a technology company that could benefit from access to LV network data and a generic platform that enables third parties to deploy apps to support the uptake of Low Carbon Technologies
- Work for a technology company with existing products that could utilise a shared processing platform
- Have a great piece of software that has the potential to provide significant benefits to the LV network, but the business case for deploying the software on bespoke hardware does not add up. The OpenLV Solution provides a shared platform and can provide access to LV network data to multiple apps running on a single device
- Have some great ideas how LV network data could be utilised to gain insights into problems and issues on the LV network before they happen, for example, identifying signatures on the network that occur before equipment fails
- Have some great ideas on how LV network data could be utilised to gain insights into the network to identify clusters of Low Carbon Technologies and how this data could then be used to model the capacity of the network into the future
- Are an app developer that would like to get involved with the development of multiple apps for the OpenLV project.