(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation)
- (b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and / or newsletters
- (d) any other information that you choose to send to us
(3) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- (c) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- (d) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- (e) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Data stored for the purposes of the OpenLV project will be securely deleted upon project closure.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- (e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(5) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All information will be stored in an Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encrypted database accessible by a limited number of nominated employees.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- (a) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(8) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.